This charitable event was created three years ago to commemorate Alzheimer’s Day (September 21st) and to promote the needs and rights of people who suffer from this disease, and their caregivers.
This year, due to the pandemic, we are proposing a Virtual Log Kilometres for Alzheimer’s challenge, so that more people can participate whenever they choose, by walking, running or cycling.
From September 21st to October 10th.
Join the challenge and contribute to improving the quality of life of people with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers.
The Ana Ribot Foundation has been working since 2001 to maximise the capacities of older people with some degree of dependency; and specifically, those who suffer from Alzheimer’s, in order to improve their emotional well-being, thanks to the application of the Snoezelen 24-hour multisensory stimulation philosophy that helps them to find calm and provides them with a better connection with their environment and others, improving their quality of life and that of their caregivers.
Due to the increased number of older people who suffer from dementia and/or Alzheimer ’s, we are building a new Active Aging and Alzheimer ’s Services Unit that will allow us to work on disease prevention and on the application of non-pharmacological therapies in small groups, according to the pathology and the cognitive-sensory profile of the participants.
1. Once your registration has been completed, you will receive an email with your personalized bib (number and name)
2. From the beginning of the race on September 21st until October 10th, you will be able to register your sports activities
3. You can participate from anywhere
4. You will receive a digital certificate with your participation
5. You will see your personal and group classification
6. Register your activity with the Kinendu App or synchronize with your favorite Watch or App
7. Share a photo in your social networks with #SumaKMporelAlzheimer and we will create an image gallery with all the photos thanks to Ekiphos
8. If you have any difficulties or doubts to log your km, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOAD HERE THE MINI-GUIDE TO REGISTER KM